Reference No. LB30
Our client is seeking a Senior Process Control Engineer who will assume the duty of arranging the Automation team's undertakings. The incumbent will orchestrate the team's efforts in conjunction with departments spanning various functions. This will entail task delegation and fostering the independent action and ingenuity of team members, the incumbent collaboratively. You will be responsible for modifying the programming of the automation systems, enhancing their responsiveness to diverse customer demands. This role will report directly to the DCS and System superintendent.
- Act as the authoritative figure within their domain of expertise.
- Foresee the automation requisites of the factory in alignment with the Infrastructure department, and guarantee adherence to prescribed programming standards.
- Arrange, coordinate, and structure the team's activities.
- Oversee weekly tracking of priorities, and actively evaluate and question team members' tasks.
- Propose alterations designed to enhance production and maintenance unit efficiency, as well as to streamline the tasks carried out by operators and maintenance teams.
- Maintain updated technical documentation and diligently monitor change management processes.
- Incorporate advancements in technical and technological aspects of process control (technology surveillance).
- Foster the enhancement of skills to amplify the effectiveness and autonomy of team members.
- Fulfill on-call duties and/or supervisory responsibilities during critical operational phases.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Possess a Master’s degree (BAC + 5)
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the realm of industrial computing/industrial automation within heavy industries or an equivalent field.
- Profound expertise in the programming of automated control systems encompassing ladder logic, function block, and high-level languages.
- Extensive and self-sufficient proficiency in programming ABB AC800M PLCs.
- Mastery of ABB 800xA Distributed Control System (DCS), adept utilization of various ABB and autonomous libraries for the creation and enhancement of software and hardware libraries.
- Proficiency in Siemens S7-300 and S7-400 programming environments (Step 7 v5.5, WinCC Flexible).
- Thorough grasp of control engineering, encompassing: Closed-loop systems Benefits and tuning methods, Cascade control and corresponding tuning techniques,
- Ratio regulation and precision tuning.
- In-depth understanding of field bus architectures and communication protocols (Profibus, Modbus, Ethernet Safe, etc.).
- Comprehensive comprehension of instrumentation principles, spanning various types, physical principles, and components.
- Familiarity with Siemens TIA Portal V14 programming would be an advantageous asset.
- Knowledge of Siemens PCS 7 programming would provide an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Safety applications, with TuV certification constituting an additional beneficial credential.
Competitive USD Package
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lucia Baeza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.