Reference No. 414-1808LH
Reference Number: 414-1808LH
Our client is in need of a qualified Senior Metallurgist with a background in the gold processing to lead their metallurgical activities on site in East Africa
- Leading metallurgical activities within the gold processing plant.
- Ensuring HSE requirements are adhered to and actively promoting responsible practices.
- Providing technical support to operations to ensure required production and metallurgical efficiency is achieved.
- Managing both internal and external lab test work for plant monitoring, projects and improvement initiatives.
- Metallurgical accounting.
- Collecting and collating of data for metallurgical performance reports.
- Reporting and forecasting on performance against vs budget.
- Monitoring and management of plant performance, recoveries and efficiencies.
- Budget input and cost control.
- Development and review procedures and work instructions associated with laboratory, gold room and metallurgical tasks in the processing plant.
- Contribute to maintenance of the process plant.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or Mineral Processing.
- 5 years previous experience as a Metallurgist within a gold processing plant.
- Experience with crushing, milling, gravity circuits, CIL/CIP, thickening and tailings disposal, with a good understanding of the mechanical operations in these areas.
- Well-versed in carrying out site-based lab work.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Previous expatriate experience in Africa.
- Proven experience in the mentoring and training of local nationals in an expatriate position.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Residentially based with single or family status.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.