Reference No. 2908 26 SS
Reference Number: 2908 26 SS
Our client an international Independent Power Producer (IPP) is seeking a Project Execution Manager – Africa who will be responsible for overseeing end-to-end management of projects, ensuring seamless progression from Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) to financial close (FC), followed by project execution through Commercial Operation Date (COD).
- Managing project development and execution, guiding projects from PPA to FC.
- Overseeing projects from FC to COD, handling contract management and EPC oversight.
- Providing expert project management advice for effective microgrid development.
- Supporting Sales and Engineering in pre-feasibility, feasibility, design, and construction planning.
- Assisting Sales in securing Power Purchase Agreements.
- Develop project management plans, risk assessments, hazard identifications, budget estimates, project schedules and design briefs to effectively manage the project development phase of activities in accordance with project management best practice.
- Undertake significant engagement with equipment vendors and EPC suppliers in the development of indicative and binding offers for design and construction services, including in the qualifying of vendors.
- Undertake engagement with service providers to identify and scope suitable operations and maintenance services.
- Collaborating with Engineering teams for optimal project scope.
- Manage the preparation of technical input to the business case, specifications, tendering and procurement processes in the development phase.
- Manage and lead the projects throughout the Execution phase (from PPA to COD), by effectively managing all relevant stakeholders and delivering the projects in time and within budget.
- Enforcing change management (MoC) policies.
- Actively manage HSE and quality standards within the projects and ensure EPC’s are adhering strictly to company policies.
- Effectively managing the project team and developing team members in the job.
- Building Africa project teams with the MD Africa.
- Participate as required on-site during development and execution activities, particularly for client and stakeholder engagement and supervision of technical activities and HSE. Collaborating across functions to achieve team goals.
- Ensuring smooth handover to Operations.
- Providing structured progress reports to MD Africa.
- Fostering a hands-on, positive attitude to drive projects.
- Being an ambassador for the company and actively support Business development and new opportunities.
- Ensuring disciplined IT system use, including Asana, Office 365, Slack.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and safety regulations.
- Maintaining company data and technical confidentiality.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Travel periodically throughout the African region to project sites.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering; Electrical or Civil preferred.
- Proven experience in building and construction of Microgrids would be highly advantageous.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent opportunity.
- Competitive annual package.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.