Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2022-01-10T12:28:20+02:00
Responsible for providing leadership, direction and commercial excellence to maximise value by implementing category strategies including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, contract performance and risk management across operations to enable operational safety, volume and cost targets.
- Provides leadership and direction in ensuring the Operations’ Supply needs strategically match the market, while maintaining optimal cost, surety of supply and Supply risk management.
- Optimally manage spend categories, manage supplier relationships and contracts, support tenders, provide support to Contract Owners
- Develops Sourcing Strategy and Plans to support key business drivers
- Coach and provide commercial, strategic and negotiation support, especially related to high-risk and / or high-value existing or new contracts
- Contributes to the development of the local procurement plan with collaboration from operations and ED / SD sub-function
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key suppliers to ensure optimum delivery quality and sustained performance in line with business objectives
- Internal and external stakeholder relationship management across various continents to deliver on business requirements
- Manage key Commercial transactions for operations and resolves disputes with key suppliers where appropriate;
- To drive continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements within the department and cross functionally in challenging existing practices and actively seek ways to achieve better outcomes, contributing to ensure key performance and financial targets are met and corrective actions taken when necessary
- Develop strong external networks and be at the forefront of industry knowledge, positioning to take advantage and reduce risk from any changes in the markets or specific suppliers;
- Provides guidance to Head of Supply and leadership on category risk management and relevant mitigating actions;
- Motivate teams and ensure competency development is achieved through appropriate training development in order for employees to achieve their full potential
- Manage a category team of 10 to 20 employees; located in Johannesburg
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Commerce, Finance, Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 10 years in a commercial or mining & metals environment, Mining / Capital Intensive industry experience preferred.
- Strategic sourcing experience will be preferred with a proven track record in delivering financial savings and meeting operational needs
- Strong experience in developing commercial strategies and leading high value strategic negotiations
- At least 5 years in leading a team of professionals
- South African Citizens are encouraged to apply
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive annual salary package
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.