Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2020-03-18T07:02:34+00:00
Reference Number: JOK
My client is looking for a Site manager that has experience in the construction and building sector. The Site Manager should have a clear understanding of project requirements and how to implement the requirements daily.
- Resources control, by ensuring that delivery and allocation of resources is timeous and correct.
- Understands the technical requirements of the site and ensures that this is incorporated into the project plan and implemented at the correct time by the relevant individuals.
- Management of the contractors in terms of the sequence of trades.
- Can accurately follow, understand and implement the detailed Microsoft bar chart block programs.
- Remains ahead of all deliverables on a project and ensures that project deliverables are on track and completed within the required deadlines and according to the required specifications.
- Ensures that all site staff have been provided with clear guidelines of their daily tasks and required deliverables per project.
- Ensures that the quality control paper work is accurately completed and submitted to management timeously and that the necessary engineer sign-offs are correctly followed.
- Accurately identifies potential risks and raises these with management.
- Deals with employee issues in terms of management and discipline.
- Where necessary deals with council and those involved in terms of site issues.
- Helps with the general controls of the site office, storerooms and bathroom facilities.
- Accurate reporting and participation in the site meetings. Providing accurate project updates and feedback.
- Timeous completion of month end requirements and submission of accurately completed timesheets reflecting time spent on transaction work.
- Ensures that the correct procedures are followed during the handover of units to clients.
- Submission of expense claims timeously with the necessary supporting documentation and approvals.
- Understands and can control the measuring equipment effectively (i.e. dumpy levels, DCP etc.)
- Pays careful attention to the quality of work and conducts detailed quality control during projects.
- Ensures that quality standards are clearly documented along with the relevant procedures to follow.
- Can effectively solve problems that arise on the projects.
- Ensures that issues are dealt with effectively to ensure they do not reoccur.
- Ensures that the technical and quality requirements have been set up accurately and that it is communicated and understood by all.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimal of 8 years Residential Development experience
- Diploma / Tertiary qualification or certificate in relevant field
- Matric is a requirement
- Deadline driven
- Good management of staff and their time
- Excellent project management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be able to work as a team and independent
- Keep confidentiality essential
- Ability to work on multiple tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Excellent time management
- High sense of urgency
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Must have own reliable vehicle
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Medical Aid
- Pension Fund
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.