Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2021-07-15T15:21:14+02:00
Reporting to Head of Mining and Geology, the Senior LT Mine Planning Engineer is responsible to provide strategic planning, high level scheduling (LOM) and scenario analysis using the mine planning optimization and scheduling tools. Provide operational expertise to the mine technical functions including planning, survey, and geology areas to ensure that the life of mine plans is prepared in a structured, accurate and timely manner to improve overall productivity of the company.
- Produce the annual detailed Life of Mine Budget Schedule (LOM)
- Provide data and information to site Management to support plans, which have been generated.
- Co-ordinate inputs from Geology, Processing, Mining and Business Senior Staff/Management as required for annual Block Model Optimization and Tailings Mining sequence selection and strategic scenarios as required.
- Perform annual Reserve/Resource estimation and Reporting.
- Provide Leadership and ownership of the Long Term Planning and Medium Term Planning Block Models including coordinating the handover from Resource Modelers and the validation of data
- Provide LOM month rolling schedules on a three monthly basis to ensure that capital development is sufficiently advanced to meet future production targets.
- On a quarterly basis, ensure medium term activities are aligned with the long-term plans.
- Produce detailed mining budgets and forecasts on financials and physicals to meet objectives.
- Liaise with the Mine operations to ensure and can meet the 12-month, 3 months rolling and monthly plans.
- Work with the Geologists and Planning Engineers to ensure the Monthly and Weekly Plans are compliant with the Mining production schedules and plans.
- Direct and manage specific mining projects and investigations to solve technical complications as they arise to ensure minimal disruption to ore production
- Provide operational support when the incumbent Senior ST Mining Engineer is on leave.
- Interpret and review the LOM Plan and ensure the 12-month, 3 months rolling, and monthly plans are developed to meet Mining targets.
- Maintain and integrate accurate knowledge of latest trends and developments in the industry to offer technical expertise, internally and externally, when required to ensure continued improvement in mining processes.
- Review 18 -month mining production plan/budget.
- Produces five-year medium-term mining plan to align to Life of Mine (LOM) and strategic plans and objectives.
- Ensures engineering designs are available and meet all technical and safety requirements for planning purposes.
- Ensures haul cycles are optimized where load and haul applicable.
- Ensures medium term block models have available grade control data for planning purposes.
- Ensures monthly and quarterly production reconciliations and reports are generated to meet deadlines.
- Trains and develops subordinate engineers and other allied personnel
- Manage the Planning Engineers in designing mineable hydro sluicing sequence around the geological orebody model to create the optimum ore reserve.
- Assist in the preparation of budget and to ensure funds are available to meet production forecasts
- Maintain department goals and budgets to ensure that appropriate production levels are achieved at minimum cost
- Run financial analysis on conceptual plans
- Ensure procedures and practices are applied and identify opportunities for improvement
- Identify business improvement opportunities
- Evaluate and propose optimum solutions for problematic situations (based on accumulated data/information) which threaten the achievement of planned objectives
- Contribute to overall business improvement and profitability by implementing efficiency plans and cost reduction plans where possible within the department whilst supporting organisational objectives and achievement of set targets
- Demonstrate personal commitment regarding safety and environmental and Social Responsibility practices.
- Ensure every person within team is fit for work.
- Ensure that agreed procedures, safeguards and controls are applied and used
- Ensure all activities are conducted safely and in accordance with Company standards and procedures
- Ensure hazard management plans are observed
- Keep statutory and internal reporting as required.
- Active participation to the Health & Safety Committee.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Mining Engineering
- Dredge and hydro sluicing experience highly appreciated
- 10 years of experience in production and mine planning
- Experience in Tailings reclamation production, mine engineering and mine planning
- Fully proficient, able to develop and train in the following mine planning packages: Surpac, MineSched, Whittle
- Proven previous Africa expatriate experience
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Highly competitive expat package
- Roster 6/2
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.