Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2021-11-10T10:14:33+02:00
Reference Number: 160 10 11 MNW
Our client, a large renewable energy company, is seeking an experienced Senior HSE Manager who will head the HSE department and take full responsibility for company HSE performance and compliance. The main objective of the role is to establish, maintain and grow an HSE function across these areas, which helps establish a culture of zero harm to people and zero impact on the environment. The Senior HSE Manager reports to the Head of Operations but is additionally accountable to the ESG Director and CEO when it comes to reporting and investigating of HSE incidents.
- HSE Management of Head Office, Construction Sites and Operational power plants: Establishes and maintains systems that track, record and collate the key HSE statistics as it relates to the organization and various sites/plants. Continually identify risks and trends observed across the organizational sites and rolls out mitigation programs, aiming to proactively address risk before it materializes. Leads the investigation into all HSE incidents, to identify and address the root cause and ensure learnings are carried across the organization.
- Business and Project Development and Acquisition: Supports evaluation of new business and project opportunities from a HSE risk perspective and identifies any potential fatal flaws within the potential project. Provides HSE input for pre-investment due diligence assessments. Provides HSE input into budget preparation process for selected projects and/or budget revisions to ensure compliance to legal requirements and best practice.
- Project Management: Take full responsibility for the company HSE budget. Supports the planning process for execution of selected and approved projects. Manages the contractors’ selection, appointment and management of HSE Consultants, which includes the drafting of the request for proposal, scope of work.
- HSE Permitting: Ensures that the tracking of permits for all sites are done by the HSE department and timeline submissions and renewals are done. Oversee the preparation of permit applications and agreements as needed by regulatory agencies to ensure projects are in compliance with local laws.
- Reporting: Collates, analyzes and summarizes HSE information and trends for relevant projects for input into reporting. Writes monthly progress reports to lenders and Board. Prepare E&S information for Steerco and ESG Subcommittee meetings
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant degree in Environmental Management.
- SAMTRAC or NEBOSH Certification.
- ESMS Implementation and Auditing qualification at a recognized institution.
- 10-15 years working experience in mining, construction or power sector in a health, safety and environmental role.
- A minimum of 5 years construction project experience.
- Experience working across SA borders is essential.
- Experience in direct management of an HSE team and leading of contractors HSE teams.
- Understanding of Lender Financed projects would be an advantage.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract.
If you wish to apply for the position please follow the application link.
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.