Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2020-05-29T10:49:13+00:00
Project Engineer (Turnkey Projects / Manufacturing / PMP / Steel) – Vaal, South Africa
Reference Number: 026 2905 RR
- Primary Client Liaise per project
- Contract Review and identification of Drawbacks
- Specification review with the quality department and understanding thereof
- Setting out quality parameters from which to management project.
- Review of planning and approval
- Responsible for project schedule and management of project time lime and critical path item accordingly
- Order Acknowledgment to client/outline commercial issues, project time, approve project docs and quality product line.
- Interaction with the quality department on QCP inspections and ensuring required documents produced are signed off after inspections and kept up to date in MDR.
- Order Approval (Budget, timing, and quality)
- Ensure product is handled according to procedures.
- Ensure prior to dispatch, product to be final inspected and fully released by client.
- Logistics management (Mostly outsourced).
- Ensure all inspections and tests spelled out in the manufacturing plan are carried out and the necessary quality records generated
- Ensure that certificates are checked for compliance to specification.
- Ensure that inspectors are performing their checks in line with planning requirements
- Visit existing customers per plan Action all customer complaints
- Retain customer loyalty by providing superior service
- Maintain excellent relationships with customers to ensure
- Company remains the preferred supplier
- All technical queries that arise during planning and manufacture are resolved and recorded where necessary
- Maintain and promote health and safety Identify health and safety hazards
- Oversee all contracts managed by Project Engineers from start through to final completion.
- Manage Department budget.
- Establish and maintain long term working relationships/ partnerships between company and customers.
- Overview situations, review and evaluate, defining set plans to achieve business goals.
- Problem solving at Strategic level, working with others to reach resolution.
- Careful planning to achieve accurate & timely results.
- Monthly reporting of contracting activities and achievement of goals.
- Ensuring budgetary requirements of all contracts are adhered to. Assist with contract negotiations.
- Review completeness of quotations.
- Full Project control from inception to completion. (Budget, Quality and Timing)
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- National Diploma Mechanical Engineering /BTEC Mechanical Engineering (Essential)
- Five years’ experience in the Engineering Industry; Jobbing environment. (Essential)
- Excellent client and inter-departmental communication skills
- Previous experience of project engineering/management in a manufacturing environment (Essential)
- Sound technical background of all aspects of the contracting process and technical manufacturing requirements.
- Good understanding of commercial, contractual, and financial matters is a must. (Budget and Schedule Control)
- An understanding of manufacturing requirements for different materials i.e.: Mild Steel vs Stainless Steel.
- South African Citizens are encouraged to apply
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive annual salary
- Permanent employment
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Ruan Roodt at rroodt [at] camining [dot] com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.