Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2021-11-08T09:20:57+02:00
Reference Number: 160 08 11 MNW
Our client, a newly formed bulk oil transport and trading company is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join their team. The incumbent should have strong experience with the physical trading environment of Diesel, Gasoline and LPG, with particular focus on the West African Market.
- Appoint independent inspectors, expeditors and ship agents.
- Monitor closely vessel movements and terminal berthing program.
- Ensure on-spec cargo product qualities and minimize cargo quantity discrepancies.
- Manage traffic operations and logistics partners in the region.
- Work with front office trading team to ensure loading, unloading of products.
- Liaise with ports/port authorities and ensure all contracts, paperwork and documentation is accurate and received/sent in a timely manner.
- Manage any logistics issues/problems to resolution.
- Liaise with shipping companies, ship owners, docks, couriers, logistics providers and counterparties to negotiate freight rates and costs.
- Assist front office with general operational support where required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Experience working within an Oil trading company.
- Analytical, strong numerical and spreadsheet skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in as an operator/operations manager in a back-to-back trading environment.
- Good understanding of trade finance, letters of credit and trade documentation (INCOTERMS).
- Experienced in dealing with shipping firms, companies and logistics providers
- Excellent knowledge of shipping/freight and logistics.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Position.
If you wish to apply for the position please follow the application
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.