Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-04-03T12:04:18+00:00
Reference Number: 9690304NDS
My client has a development project entering into production phase in the next 9 months. They are recruiting for an Engineering Manager to plan, direct and lead in the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment. Initiate, review and update engineering standards, guidelines and procedures in order to maintain best practices in engineering management to maximise operational efficiencies.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will Lead and Manage Underground and Surface Engineering Maintenance and Services.
- Direct the execution planning, design, engineering, procurement, cost, scheduling and construction activities by coordinating efforts of various internal departments, project development teams and outside consulting resources.
- Execute intermediate and long-term strategies and ensure strategies are concretely linked to the organization overall business strategy.
- Clearly define targets and set priorities for the Engineering team in line with the Company’s overall objectives.
- Lead execution of strategies in electrical, mechanical and civil engineering to enhance current practices and performances.
- Develop systems & measures that appropriately assess engineering performance and review progress to ensure achievement of targets.
- Set performance targets and measures, monitor and manage the overall performance of the department staff
- Review, evaluate, approve, and manage contracts for work to be performed by consultants and outside contractors
- Oversee development of proposals and cost estimates; estimates business needs including equipment, materials and personnel; schedule work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Provide engineering expertise and advice to the Operations Manager and production team
- Liaise with operations group to ensure equipment/plant scheduled downtimes are coordinated effectively.
- Manage the human, financial, and operational resources of the Engineering department.
- Formulate the annual operating and capital budgets for the Department
- Authorise major repairs or modifications and prepare annual maintenance budget
- Implement approved engineering budgets and monitor actual expenses to ensure they fall within budgets.
- Ensure continued departmental effectiveness through the selection, development, training and motivation of a competent staff and ensure effective succession planning.
- Ensure all operations control procedures are in place and are in compliance with corporate policy and standards.
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance
- Develop and maintain a register of certified equipment to ensure 100% compliance of all equipment
- Actively participate and promote continuous improvement initiatives
- Responsible for developing Engineered solutions for Plant Safety and Environmental issues
- Provide line staff with the necessary training, skills, knowledge and tools to do their jobs safely.
- Observe operations to detect violation of Legal and Corporate requirements and report to management.
- Assists in accident and incident investigations and ensure that remedial actions are implemented by scheduled dates
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSC in Mechanical, Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering
- Ghana Engineering Manager’s Certificate of Competency issued by the CIM is required or must be obtained within 6 months of starting position.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience with emphasis on both underground and surface mining experience of which 5 years were in a management role in a mining environment.
- Complete understanding and knowledge of mine and maintenance operations.
- Experience leading teams and team building within the mining industry.
- Expert working knowledge of engineering planning and scheduling software –Mainpac, Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to influence and drive change, provide guidance, direction and motivation to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance for the promotion of quality engineering management.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of
- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts.
- Effective leadership and performance management in a dynamic multitasking environment
- Benefits and Contractual information:
- 2 year contract
- USD tax free salary
- FIFO roster to be confirmed
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit caglobal.catsone.com.