Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2021-11-23T09:33:55+02:00
Reference Number: 160 23 11 VG
Our client, a large, international, metals trading company is seeking an experienced Accounting and Reporting Manager who will serve as a key member of the leadership team reporting directly to the site Chief Financial Officer and dotted line to the Group Deputy CFO. This person is responsible for leading the monthly/quarterly/year-end closing process, preparation of financial statements, maintaining internal controls, and supervising the day-to-day activities of the accounting staff.
You will also participate in the ongoing establishment and development of accounting policies and procedures for the business. In this exciting opportunity you will be leading a small team in a fast paced and high-growth environment, hands-on accounting and statement preparation will be required.
- Manage the month-end financial closing process to accurately reflect the financial position of the Company under IFRS.
- Oversee the bookkeeping of daily accounting transactions, ensuring proper financial coding and respect of the general ledger.
- Organize and maintain the Company’s financial records, both digital and physical.
- Review of monthly physical and financial inventories of concentrate and ROM stockpiles, spare parts, consumables, and fuel.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly reporting package.
- Lead annual accounting reviews of impairment and goodwill assessments, mineral reserves and resource estimates, mine closure provisions.
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
- Ensure adequate financial controls are in place within the business units, making improvements where necessary.
- Ensure compliance with local tax and financial reporting requirements and settling all tax matters in Sierra Leone with support from the corporate tax team.
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and external auditors to ensure deadlines are met and reporting is accurate.
- Contribute to finance transformation projects, including implementation of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and finance ERP software.
- Stay informed on industry developments and changes in regulations.
- Prepare accounting position papers on the implementation of new or amended IFRS.
- Mentor/coach and provide leadership to other members of the team.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related field.
- Professional accounting designation required – ACCA (UK), CPA (Canada), CPA (USA), CPA (Switzerland), DESCF (France).
- 8 years of relevant accounting experience in mining or oil and gas industries required.
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS.
- Minimum 4 years of supervisory experience at a senior level required.
- Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning system, such as SAP, Microsoft Dynamics365, Oracle / JD Edwards, Pronto, is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Team player with professional attitude and ability work with people at all levels.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate contract.
- 9/3-week roster.
- Immediate start.
If you wish to apply for the position, please follow the application link.
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.