The Construction & Civil Engineering sector is one of the most active and lively sectors in Cameroon and has thrived, through the diversity of resources and their strategic position, to reach the completion point, consequently justifying real opportunities for new infrastructure project financing. It is this kind of activity that will encourage new projects connected to major recovery projects and road network allowances as well as an acceleration of public and private projects for the development of social and functional housing and in the hotel sector
Reference Number: 389-0506LH
Our client is seeking a qualified Civil Engineer with experience in project managing the design and construction of Tailings Storage Facilities to join their team on site in the DRC.
- Client liaison to support project delivery in line with requirements, including construction schedules, resources and progress.
- Review and ensure availability of drawings, specifications, design modifications and other technical documents.
- Ensuring schedule development is in line with project requirements through risk and opportunity identification.
- Ensure the Construction Quality Management Plan is implemented and incorporated in all project planning.
- Continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Liaison with SHE team to ensure job safety / hazard assessments and evaluation documents are prepared and signed off by the client.
- Liaison with maintenance team to develop maintenance and repair schedules for all plant and equipment on site.
- Ensuring construction surveys are carried out to meet client technical specifications.
- Offsite inspections of materials, products and equipment to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Overseeing sub-contractors to ensure contractual obligations are met in line with project specifications.
- Taking part in regular construction progress and performance review meetings.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Civil Engineering Degree.
- 10+ years previous experience in large tailings storage facilities design and construction, with at least 5 years at Project Manager level.
- Strong understanding of civil and geotechnical issues, embankment design and quality control.
- Risk mitigation and strategy management.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Projects and various business systems.
- Experience in mentoring, training, coaching and guiding multicultural workforces.
- Strong focus on health and safety standards and compliance.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO roster.
- Single status only.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.