Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2020-05-20T15:33:52+00:00
The COO / Business Director is primarily responsible to oversee the everyday operations and functions of the company and the various quarries owned by our client. He / she is accountable for the safe and profitable operation of our client’s quarries and associated services and ensuring that all employees and contractors comply with the company, statutory and regulatory requirements. In addition, he / she will be tasked with business development as well as the commercial and or contracting aspect of the business.
- Ensure the quality and effectiveness of project management, including both supply and demand side considerations (i.e., operations as well as sales and business development)
- Particular focus needs to be maintained on designing and implementing efficient and effective processes at the operational level to help management achieve company objectives.
- Set and deliver operating cost and capital budgets and forecasts to meet annual corporate objectives whilst maximising project value.
- Optimise use of resources, including multiple quarry sites, production subcontractors and logistics subcontractors.
- Ensure the workforce is informed on direction and targets through a coordinated communication and re-engagement plan.
- Review performance & adjust to a changing market.
- Lead the organisation in meeting company, customer and statutory environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders through a coordinated approach (e.g., vendors, customers, Government).
- Support the drafting of proposals and negotiations for new customers and maintain customer relationships with existing customers.
- Key KPI’s will be as follows:
- Business Development, Commercial- Pricing Strategy and Marketing
- Resources and quarrying assets
- Quarry operations (own team and subcontractors)
- Logistics (subcontracted)
- Customer service
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A minimum of 10-20 years in a senior management role with strong evidence of leadership skills in a mining / quarrying environment
- Knowledge covering quarry/mine exploitation and equipment.
- Fluency in English and with an added advantage preferably in Portuguese
- Experience in operating in Africa
- Post-graduate qualifications in finance or management
- Thinks strategically and innovatively on operational, technical as well as financial aspects of the business
- An ability to coach and mentor direct reports to improve their performance and impact.
- Ability to direct and motivate colleagues and contractors.
- Proficiency in managing relationships and building networks.
- Experience to work, support and interact on large scale international EPC projects
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.