Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2020-03-19T18:05:16+00:00
Manager – Asset Care (Finance / Cement / Assets / ACCA / CA / SAP / IFRS) – Nigeria
Reference Number: 012 1903 RR
Reporting to the SGM Finance, the Manager, Asset Care, Financial Accounting and Control is responsible for managing the systems, processes, accounting policies and procedures, and reporting matters relating to the organizations Physical Assets, comprising Fixed Assets (Leasehold Improvements and Buildings, Plant and Machinery, Motor vehicles, and Furniture and fittings etc.) and Inventory.
You will work with internal and external stakeholders to manage the preparation and delivery of all major inventory and fixed assets related reports for the company and its’ subsidiaries. You will manage a team, providing professional guidance and direction, as well as coaching and development. You will also work with external auditors ensuring inventory and fixed asset reports are accurate in quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Manage the Inventory and Fixed Asset Accounting and Control function, including working with the teams at various operating locations within the Nigerian organization as well as the African subsidiaries; provide the appropriate tools, processes, and training and development to make the function and its staff effective and efficient
- Manage the day-to-day execution of the Inventory and Fixed Asset Accounting and Control function, including management of activities to support annual and quarterly external audits and reviews
- Develop processes, systems and tools to provide accurate and high-quality financial reports. Work together with other internal organizational stakeholders to develop standards and ensure alignment and continuously improve processes and systems
- Develop, maintain and communicate an integrated reporting calendar and process to inform all internal and external stakeholders of necessary reporting deadline adherence and evolving issues that impact fixed asset reporting and variances
- In partnership with various business units, coordinate the periodic inventory and fixed asset validation exercises at all locations
- Lead the development and implementation of processes to create systems, controls and repositories to ensure data integrity and quality for all inventory and fixed asset reports
- Support in the research, development, maintenance and communication of controls and accounting policies and procedures relating to inventory and fixed asset management
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business-related courses
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ICAN)
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in finance with a focus in finance operations for manufacturing organizations. Cement or FMCG Sectors will be an advantage
- 3 years progressive supervisory/leadership experience
- Understands IFRS and public company regulatory reporting/filing requirements
- Exposure and knowledge of ERP applications.
- Experience with SAP will be highly advantageous.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Ruan Roodt at email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.