Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2020-02-25T12:29:48+00:00
Reference Number: JOK
The ROC Engineer manages and co-ordinates the Remote Operations Centre (ROC) team and is responsible to develop and manage the ROC systems and processes. The ROC team undertakes remote operations, monitoring, maintenance management and reporting of 8 South African renewable energy power plants. The ROC Engineer also supports the Operations Engineer with the DCS, SCADA and other monitoring systems. Occasional travel to plant sites is required.
Team Management and Development
- Line manager to a team of eight, including driving and managing team performance and supporting resource planning/scheduling
- Developing the strategy for the team and aligning team goals with organizational goals.
- Develop the capability within the ROC team to perform first-line remote technical fault finding.
- Responsible to ensure ROC team skills development is aligned to team and business strategy and is executed appropriately.
System Management and Development
- Analyze the performance of renewable power production facilities
- Perform technical fault-finding when required
- Responsible for the maturity of the systems and processes followed. Develop and implement systems to support systems and process maturity
- Provide suitable feedback and reports on the performance of the plants.
- Develop and manage the systems and processes to remotely operate HV, MV and operational systems.
- Conduct data investigations to support the Operations Engineer
- Provide general support to operations teams and other tasks, as delegated by Operations Engineer.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BEng or BSc in Engineering or BTech
- 5+ years’ work experience
- Proven experience related to operating/maintaining a power plant
- Experience in a renewable energy environment a bonus
- Proven capability in managing a team.
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office packages, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Code B driver’s license
- Experience in SIMATIC WinCC, Wonderware In-Touch, SPPA-T3000 or other SCADA and DCS software.
- Knowledge of network data communications, client/server functions and hardware/software architectures.
- Experience with ERP/CMMS systems, such as SAP or IFS.
- Previous project management or coordination experience.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.