Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2018-10-30T14:03:45+00:00
Reference Number: GAS0049
The main purpose of this position is to plan and approve preventive and corrective maintenance activities and follows up on related repairs, ensuring related completion and abidance by set safety and health standards and instructions.
- Plans and approves preventive maintenance activities and follows up on detected findings.
- Reviews and approves the preventive maintenance plan, as per odometer and hour meter.
- Oversees maintenance work activities, in coordination with the Vehicle Maintenance Controller, allocating duties among teams, following up on related completion.
- Checks the inspection list and ensures that proper corrective actions were taken, following up on pending major findings.
- Reviews and approves related work progress reports, to be submitted to Management.
- Monitors all corrective maintenance activities and repairs, following up on related completion.
- Follows up on pending work orders sent by the Vehicle Control and providing related feed back to Management, on major cases.
- Follows up on major mechanical and electrical malfunctions and repetitive breakdowns.
- Approves in Coordination with Procurement for external Service Providers for outstanding malfunctions and breakdowns, following up on related services.
- Inspect breakdowns and malfunctions, providing guidelines and instructions on needed repairs, referring to the part and repair manual if need be.
- Provides solution and action plans on repetitive breakdowns.
- Checks on reported abuses on vehicles, providing and approving related technical advices to the Vehicle Control.
- Ensures proper data entry on system and prepares related work progress report, to be submitted to Management
- Arranges and follows up on technician’s technical training, ensuring that used technologies and working instructions are well understood.
- Approves subordinate attendance, manpower sheets and leave requests, as per work requirements.
- Inspects and approves disciplinary action requests, as per Controller recommendations, forwarding data to the Personnel Section.
- Assesses subordinates performance as per set criteria, contributing to incentive payments for staff members.
- Provides recommendations on staffing requirements and coordinates with the Recruitment Section on the matter.
- Assists in preparation of annual budgets by providing estimations on needed materials, equipment and manpower and sends related reports to Management.
- Assesses the need of materials and consumables, coordinates accordingly with Management, sending related requests to Procurement.
- Controls consumption of materials, as per work order, reporting exceeded consumption to the Management
- Ensures proper use of equipment and investigates any accidental damage or abuse, providing related recommendations.
- Develops policies, procedures and instructions necessary to ensure effective planning, operation and control of the department’s activities
- Develops documentation necessary to ensure effective control of health, safety and environmental aspects of all activities and promote HSE awareness within the department
- Responsible for complying with the applicable HSE procedures, instructions, requirements, laws, regulations from customers, regulatory and statutory bodies and those applicable to his/her job requirements
- Reviews effectiveness of the QHSE system on a regular basis
- Performs other tasks as requested
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Diesel mechanic certification and trade test from a recognized Institution
- Minimum N3 qualification certificate or similar
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a Workshop Manager
- Experience of Tire and Fuel Management
- Extra Heavy Duty driving license an advantage
- Excellent English and French – reading and writing is essential.
- Knowledge in workshop maintenance procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Applications).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Supervisory Skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- US$ net salary
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit caglobal.catsone.com.