Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2018-11-28T06:45:17+00:00
Reference Number: GAS0053
As a Transport Planning Manager, you will be responsible to oversee and manage all transport planning activities within the TMC, including general cargo as well as out-of-gauge and project business when required. You will also be responsible to make decisions which impact cost and service on a constant basis with minimal review and requires a broad range of knowledge of preferred lanes, rates, and equipment availability and quality sales and customer service skills are required in obtaining business and maintaining relationships with customers.
- Manage the teams of 6 to 7 persons in South Africa.
- Maintain communication with transport service providers to place transport orders, receive confirmation, monitor important milestones and make sure to respect the process in place to achieve the agreed targets.
- Plan and optimize multi-leg (e.g. ocean and airfreight) and multi-segment (e.g. stop-offs) shipments.
- Understand different planning techniques including the functionality of transport management systems and load planning tools.
- Develop new planning and optimization procedures for and with the team(s).
- Regional transport market knowledge including equipment, port and airport operations as well as relevant restrictions and regulations.
- Carrier and general cargo operating model knowledge.
- Know how to work with freight forwarders and transport providers.
- Ability to justify cost overruns when they occur.
- Support Accounts Payable for freight payment reconciliation.
- Maintain excellent relation with Internal and external stakeholders.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or logistics management
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as fleet provider personnel.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of transportation rules and regulations.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required.
- Experience in working with advanced TMS platforms such as SAP, Oracle TM, JDA TMS, INET, etc. preferred.
- Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency and business pressure.
- Team player with flexibility in working different shifts.
- Ability to manage team based on objectives and key performance indicators.
- Planning (APICS, ELA or similar) Certification is desired but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in transport management or freight forwarding.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit caglobal.catsone.com.