Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-01-08T09:08:57+00:00
Reference Number: NLU
The Supervisor will be responsible for managing teams of workers which include foreman and craft personnel.
The Supervisor will ensure the needs of the project are understood, and that the needs of the workforce are responded to appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Interpret drawings and specifications in order to plan the works.
- Ensure security access compliance requirements for people, plant and equipment.
- Produce Work Method Statements (WMS), showing a simple step by step progression of how a specific task is to be completed if required.
- Produce a Two Week Look Ahead in agreement with the Superintendent and/or Construction Manager.
- Ensure adequate stocks of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Carry out daily workplace inspections.
- Make a lead contribution to the development of Risk Assessment procedures and supervise their implementation.
- Secure and manage access to Work Faces.
- Secure Permits To Work as appropriate.
- Make optimum use of available transport, ensure adequate supply of materials, plant and equipment and correct hand tools to avoid any delay with the overall work schedule.
- Delegate work as appropriate to the Foreman.
- Deliver/lead employee Induction Training Programme.
- Deliver and/or supervise Tool Box Training Programme.
- Represent company at client site meetings as required.
- Report progress as required and be aware of key performance indicators relevant to the section of work and the project as a whole.
- Monitor performance in line with key performance indicators.
- Manage and motivate the team and set performance targets.
- Select the right people for the right jobs.
- Identify disciplinary issues and take a lead role in their resolution.
- Carry out individual performance assessment and appraisals.
- Handle grievance issues and escalate unresolved disputes to the Construction Manager where appropriate.
- Identify training needs.
- Participate in accident & incident investigations.
- Use mock ups for skills training.
- Electrical and Instrumentation experience required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in similar role
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit caglobal.catsone.com.