Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-01-08T08:59:10+00:00
Reference Number: GBB
The Superintendent will be responsible for managing teams of workers which include supervisors, foreman and craft personnel. Will ensure that the team is directed at achieving the established safety, quality, cost and schedule goals of the project.
The Superintendent will also ensure the needs of the project are understood by the team, and that the needs of the team are responded to appropriately, and in a timely manner.
- Identify manpower requirements.
- Interpret drawings and specifications in order to plan the works.
- Manage security access compliance requirements for people, plant and equipment.
- Produce Work Method Statements (WMS), showing a simple step by step progression of how a specific task is to be completed if required.
- Is familiar with the norms for the work and push the team to achieve them.
- Report / record anything that prevents the team from achieving these norms.
- Produce a Two Week Look Ahead in agreement with the Superintendent and/or Construction Manager.
- Manage the daily workplace inspection process and ensure they are carried out.
- Review and manage the development of Risk Assessment procedures and supervise their implementation.
- Secure and manage access to Work Faces.
- Ensure translation services are available as required.
- Organise Communication Hardware such as Site Radios as required.
- Secure Permits to Work as appropriate.
- Make optimum use of available transport, and ensure adequate supply of materials, plant and equipment, and correct hand tools to avoid any delay with the overall work schedule.
- Identification of Work Priorities, and delegation of work throughout the team as appropriate.
- Deputise for the Construction Manager in his/her absence if and when required.
- Deliver and/or supervise Tool Box Training Programme.
- Drive the team to report Near Misses and Hazard Observations.
- Represent company at client site meetings as required.
- Deliver presentations to client, company management or employee groups.
- Ensure that the timesheet information provided by the team is accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Report progress as required and be aware of key performance indicators relevant to the section of work and the project as a whole.
- Monitor performance in line with key performance indicators.
- Manage and motivate the team and set performance targets.
- Select the right people for the right jobs.
- Instill discipline and accountability in the team. Carry out individual performance assessment and appraisals.
- Handle grievance issues and escalate unresolved disputes to the Construction Manager where appropriate.
- Identify the training needs of the team and take necessary steps to reduce skills gaps.
- Participate in accident & incident investigations.
- Use mock ups for skills training
- Electrical and Instrumentation experience required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in similar role
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit caglobal.catsone.com.