Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2018-10-04T13:49:03+00:00
Reference Number: 9330410NDS
My client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Manager to deliver all civil and earthworks requirements focusing on the design and construction of the tailings storage facilities and site water management systems for their mine Redevelopment project.
- Execution of the Earthworks and Civil activities in accordance with the Project safety management plan
- Establish the Earthworks and Civil team, capable of supporting the role holder in executing the project
- Manage contractor and sub-contractors interfaces for different areas of the civil and earthworks scope of work Define the detailed scope of work for the Project civil and earthworks
- Support the Construction Manager to identify and award an EPCM contract for civil and earthworks
- Detailed design of the civils and earthworks infrastructure
- Detailed Project Execution Plan and schedule consistent with the Project scope of works and quality contained within the Feasibility Study objectives
- Manage EPCM contractor to deliver the contracted scope of works according to the Project budget and schedule
- Construct the civils and earthworks infrastructure consistent with the detailed Project Execution Plan and in accordance with the approved budget and timeframe
- Effective contractor and sub-contractor management to guarantee delivery of contract provision
- Establish and operate all temporary facilities required to support the civils and earthworks construction activities of the project
- Develop the commissioning plan for the TSF and water management system
- Coordinate construction labour and resources (plant and equipment) to support the commissioning process
- Reporting of timely information with respect to progress against plan (timeliness, cost and quality considerations)
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- Tertiary degree in civil engineering.
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience building and developing mineral processing plants
- Previous experience in the design and construction of tailings dams
- Strong civils, earthworks and construction competencies (estimating, scheduling, structural principles and practices, mechanical and electrical systems, construction contracting, materials, methods and equipment
- Sound project management skills
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties
- Legally astute with respect to project deliver
- Demonstrated ability for project delivery
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel from technical to Executive
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate 3 year contract
- 90 days annual leave – 5 flights home for single status employees
- Option for accompanied arrangement
- USD salary
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit caglobal.catsone.com.