Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2018-06-28T13:43:14+00:00
Reference Number: GBB
Our client has an exciting position available for a Junior Safety Officer in Cap Town. This company has been building luxury apartments for over a decade, built in beautiful locations around South Africa and offers many extras, such as gyms, swimming pools, sporting facilities and laundromats to name a few. The candidate will plan and coordinate health and safety activities, perform health and safety duties and will also be responsible for implementing preventative measures on site. The candidate will also assist in the development of safety plans for site and to ensure that all site staff and sub-contractors are educated accordingly.
- Preparation and implementation of site health and safety system and ensuring the compliance with the company’s health and safety system and requirements.
- Planning, conducting and producing reports for non-conformance & incidents, training, meetings and audits for health and safety activities.
- Co-ordination of health and safety activities with the sub-contractors on site.
- Ensures that health and safety statistics are maintained.
- Ensures that safety programmes are implemented on site.
- Assist in the development of safety plans for site and to ensure that all site staff and sub-contractors are educated accordingly.
- Effective and accurate reporting of any accidents/incidents and/or near misses. Ensuring that these incidents are effectively managed and investigated.
- Conducting regular audits & inspections of the sub-contractors to ensure that all health and safety requirements are being met.
- Ensures that sub-contractors safety files are kept up to date with relevant and accurate records.
- Ensures that sub-contractors are in possession of a Letter of Good Standing.
- Ensures that all subcontractors employees are in possession of medical fitness certificates and competency certificates. Ability to ensure adherence to health and safety requirements for all workers on site.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Attends health and safety meetings and effectively discusses and deals with relevant issues and items.
- Able to effectively identify potential health and safety risks and implements the necessary preventative measures.
- Effectively reports potential risks.
- Matric is a requirement
- SAMTRAC / NQF Health and Safety Management (advantageous) / Health & Safety Diploma
- Registered with or in the process of registration for at least a candidate Health and Safety Officer with SACPCMP.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit caglobal.catsone.com.