Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2018-10-04T12:44:04+00:00
Reference Number: GBB
The E&S Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an Environmental and Social Management system (ESMS) for all the renewable energy projects being developed by the client, in conformity with the International Financial Corporation’s (IFC) Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability, international good practice and in compliance with the relevant national legislation. Building permit, Environmental Authorization, etc.) and follow up their instruction with the State services. Follow the progress of the different phases until information is obtained and then during the construction phase.
- Developing and maintaining an ESMS for client, including relevant E&S policies and procedures.
- Working with the client project development teams to implement the ESMS (including identification, assessment, and management of E&S and biodiversity risks and opportunities) across the project cycle (development, construction, and operations). This may include but not be limited to early E&S and biodiversity risk screening, land tenure and use mapping, review of Environment, Biodiversity and Social Impact Assessments (as prepared by third-party consultants), Environmental and Social Management Plans, Land Access and Compensation and Livelihood Restoration and Monitoring Plans, input into the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor bidding and selection process, monitoring and oversight functions during construction and operations, etc.
- Preparing documentation such as ToRs and requests for proposals, etc., and procuring and managing external consultants, including specialized resources, such as ornithological experts, and other service providers.
- Ensuring that projects adhere to the implementation of the Mitigation Hierarchy, notably avoidance of impacts.
- Supporting project development teams to mainstream E&S considerations into the technical constraints mapping as part of pre-feasibility and feasibility studies.
- Supporting the project development teams to identify and secure access to land.
- Supporting the project development teams in engaging pro-actively with stakeholders such as local communities, landowners and user, national and local government, local and international NGOs and civil society, lenders, etc., across the project cycle.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of post-construction monitoring programs, adaptive management and reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the development and implementation of Community Development Projects.
- Contributing to Project Steering Committee (PSC) and other decision-making meetings, as well as annual monitoring and reporting obligations and supporting the project development teams during the lender’s/ investors due diligence processes.
- Ensuring overall compliance with the IFC Performance Standards, relevant national legislation and incorporating best practice into the project development processes.
- Developing and implementing E&S training and capacity building to Management, employees and project staff as necessary.
- Staying updated on the emerging and still evolving field of E&S Management for the wind energy sector and share the relevant information internally with company.
- A qualified E&S specialist with 5-10 years’ experience of working on infrastructure projects in the power sector in general and renewable energy sector, on behalf of international financial institutions or project sponsors.
- Experience with Environmental and Social Management Systems.
- Knowledge and experience of working with the IFC performance standards is required.
- Knowledge and experience of working in Africa will be an advantage.
- A willingness to travel frequently to project sites.
- Proven presentation, communication and influencing skills with stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and deliver to strict deadlines
- Collaborative work style, attention to detail with a high degree of initiative
- High proficiency in both English and French (reading, writing, and oral)
- Leadership and organizational skills.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit caglobal.catsone.com.